There's A Place For You!
(Ministries Listed Alphabetically)
Providing technical and administrative skills to assist the church's worship and teaching ministries. This includes graphic development, PowerPoint presentations, video and audio recording, editing, duplication, distribution, and photography.
Demonstrating the love of our Lord in action as we graciously care for those in need; and to prayerfully provide food to the hungry, clothes to those without, and other financial needs to those facing hardship.
Assisting Christian families in the process of raising their children, by providing Biblical teaching, training, spiritual preparation, and equipping of our children (ages 4 years old - 6th grade) for a life-long commitment to the Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Sunday Children's Church: ages 4 years old - 6th Grade
- AWANA Club: 2 years old - 8th Grade: Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed -- Evangelizing, challenging, and training children & youth for life in our world, through the local church, by providing Bible-based, Christ-centered weekly club programs and activities.
- Community Summer Vacation Bible School: 4 years old - 5th Grade
Serving the Body of Christ in the following capacities: administering Communion, practical service to the church body, prayer, encouragement, overseeing the usher ministry, and maintaining order.
Functioning in the Biblical model of "Elder" -- providing Biblically based leadership and direction, as well as spiritual oversign for all aspects of the ministry.
Operating in the biblical admonition of greeting all the saints in love, while welcoming guests to our local Body of Christ, offering fellowship, assistance, introductions, and kind regard.
Home Group Ministry
Geographically located, seasonal (school year) and/or special topical gatherings in the casual environment of individuals' homes that are uniquely designed to advance the development and strengthening of Christ-centered personal relationships, serving as a catalyst that encourages individuals to seek the will of one's Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, in every area of life.
Providing opportunities for ladies to grow in Christ through teaching, fellowship, and service, while encouraging each one to discover and develop areas of ministry in their home, community, and church.
- Retreats and Special Events/Activites
Encouraging the men of WOF to "sharpen" one another through activities, small groups, fellowship, spiritual training, prayer, retreats, and recreation.
- Monthly Gatherings and Activites
- Annual Hibernacle (Men's Retreat)
Offering our financial support, prayers, and encouragement to faithful missionaries who are teaching and training indigenous believers.
- We support the following Missionaries/Ministries:
Championship Ministries -- Steve & Gretchen Dennis (Church at the Track)
East-West Ministries -- Joe and Linda Wall (Russia, Azerbaijan, Central Asia)
Mission de Los Olivos -- Gene & Vicki Benavidez (Mexico)
Overseas Missionary Fellowship -- Mike & Rowena McGinty (Japan)
SETECA Seminary -- Jim & Jenny Adams (Guatemala)
Wycliffe Bible Translators -- Jessica Shore (Middle East)
- South Texas Mission Trip & Mexico Outreach: Providing an annual Vacation Bible School for underprivileged children and youth in the South Texas Valley where the gospel is presented in a community-wide ministry. We also supply logistical and financial support for the Benavidez Children's Ministry in Matamoros, Mission de Los Olivos, Mexico.
Providing loving care for infants and toddlers, allowing parents the opportunity to focus on worship and ministry.
- Intercessory Prayer Ministry (Moses and Margaret Ochu, Co-Directors): Gathering together on Sunday morning to make intercession before our Lord for the needs of our church body, services, ministry, community, and nation.
- Prayer Requests: You can send prayer requests to email@example.com, you can call our prayer phone line at 281-606-5790 and leave a message, or you can click on the "Need Prayer" link to the left side of this page.
Prison Outreach Ministry
"Sharing The Truth In Love" through events and one-on-one prison visitations in cooperation with the Texas Prison System and Champions for Life Prison Ministry.
Honoring and encouraging those in the congregation who are 60 years and older through opportunities for fellowship and activities, as well as drawing on their life experiences to bless others.
- Senior's Luncheon: Monthly fellowship luncheon held at the home of Ernie and Jean Carter. Please check our calendar for dates and times.
Servant Team Ministry
Various volunteer ministries are available to our church body. The following have been set up:
- Monthly Building Maintenance
- Chair Back Ministry
- Seasonal Decor Team
- Fusion Ministry
- Guest Ministry
- Tissue Ministry
- Grounds Crew
- Clipboard Ministry
- Car Pool Ministry
- AWANA Table Set Up Ministry
- Special Events Prep Team Ministry
Ushering all those assembled as the congregation of West Oaks Fellowship into the presence of God through music arts, with a focus on excellence.
- Junior High Youth Ministry: Providing weekly opportunities for Junior High youth to discover their identity in Christ and His love for them.
- Senior High Youth Ministry: Allowing teenagers to discover who they are in Christ and experience the reality of their uniqueness through Bible studies, fellowship, events, service, projects, and activities.
14440 Richmond Avenue
Houston, Texas 77082
Copyright © 2019 West Oaks Fellowship
All rights reserved.