If you would like to study an expanded version of our doctrinal statement, with scripture references, please click here
At West Oaks Fellowship
, we hold certain beliefs as essentials within our Christian faith and spiritual experience. Thus we advocate and proclaim the following convictions:
is the one true God who reveals Himself to mankind in three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son (the Lord Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is Spirit, love, holy, just, merciful, and righteous -- He is sovereign, eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful, and always present.
- God the Son (the Lord Jesus Christ) came to earth fully human and fully God, died upon the cross to pay the penalty of mankind's sin, and victoriously rose from the grave forever conquering sin as well as death. Today He sits at the right hand of the Father as an advocate/representative for all who believe.
- God the Holy Spirit regenerates, indwells, baptizes, seals, and empowers all believers.
is God's inspired Holy Word, given, preserved, and protected by Him as a precious gift and benefit for all mankind.
is uniquely created in the image and likeness of God, and therefore deserves respect, honor, and protection, without any form of discrimination or prejudice.
is by nature and deed, sinful, thus separated from God and in need of salvation (forgiveness and eternal restoration).
from sin (and the free gift of eternal life) is by grace and grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ, God's one and only Son and His sacrificial, atoning death upon the cross.
, the Family/Marriage and the Church, were uniquely designed, founded, and formed by God for His glory and the benefit/blessing of His most prized creation -- humanity.
Righteous Living & Faithful Service
- The Family/Marriage. Marriage is the spiritual, physical, and civil union of one man/male, as a husband to one woman/female, as a wife in a biblically created, sacred covenant relationship for God's ordained purposes of life-long companionship, exclusive heterosexual intimacy, and procreation (the conception, birth, and subsequent rearing/training of children).
- Christ's Church is a local, independent, self-governing, New Testament, spiritual organization, where disciples are made, His followers equipped, and the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ, is faithfully served and worshipped as Lord.
Christ established two ordinances for His Church/people:
- Baptism is the voluntary act by which believers publically and unashamedly declare their faith and belief in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior as well as identify themselves as part of His Church.
- Communion is a voluntary worship experience where believers partake of the Lord's Supper and reflect upon Christ's sacrificial/atoning death.
is the call of every believer. Thus, we are living testimonies of His unending work and faithfulness in our family, church, community, and society.
"In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good
servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of
the faith and of the sound doctrine which you have been following."
— The Bible, I Timothy 4:6
14440 Richmond Avenue
Houston, Texas 77082
Copyright © 2019 West Oaks Fellowship
All rights reserved.